Instructions for Travel to Catholic University
- The nearest major airport is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA / KDCA). This airport has international and domestic flights from Washington, District of Columbia and is 9 miles from the center of The Catholic University of America.
- Another major airport is Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport(BWI / KBWI), which has international and domestic flights from Baltimore, Maryland and is 30 miles from The Catholic University of America.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD / KIAD) has international and domestic flights from Dulles, Virginia and is 32 miles from The Catholic University of America.
How to get to Catholic University of America from the airport by subway, bus, taxi, car, towncar, shuttle or bike.
- The MARC Train (Maryland Rail Commuter), VRE (Virginia Railway Express) and Amtrak trains stop at Union Station, which is also Metrorail (Red Line) and Metrobus accessible using WMATA.
- The Metro (Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority) operates a regional rail and bus system. CUA is located at the Brookland/CUA Station on the Red Line of the metrorail system.
- This link is a multimodal transport search engine platform capable of long-distance trip planning as well as local journey planning. https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Reagan-Washington-Airport-DCA/Catholic-University-of-America
- This link has also directions for travel to Catholic University by car, train, or from airports. https://www.catholic.edu/resources/Maps%20and%20Directions/index.html
Parking at Catholic University
If you are driving and parking on campus, the cost is $8 per day or $37 for the week. If you are staying in a campus dorm room, you can purchase parking passes when you make your reservation (and they will be given to you on check in). If you are not staying on campus overnight, when you register for the conference you will be directed to the campus parking department (near the registration desk) where you can purchase as many day parking passes as you need
- Public transportation is available for travel to Washington DC by Amtrak or by bus. The train and the Greyhound, Megabus and Bolt buses all arrive at Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002
- From Union Station you can take either the Metro or MARC Train. Catholic University is located at the Brookland/CUA Station on the Red Line of the metrorail system.
- The Metro (Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority) operates a regional rail and bus system.
- VRE (Virginia Railway Express), www.VRE.org
- Commuter Rail
- All of the to DC trains stop at Union Station. From Union Station you can take the Metrorail (Red Line) or Metrobus to Catholic University (CUA). www.wmata.com for more information.