Instructions for Travel to Catholic University
The Edward J Pryzbyla University Center is a searchable location on your GPS. However, if you are using an Uber/Lyft Service, cab, or driving by yourself, please place McMahon Parking Lot in your GPS as it will direct you to the front of the Pryzbyla Center.
Driving to park in the McMahon Parking Lot: From Michigan Avenue, turn by the Basilica. Go right on the roundabout to the Basilica, drive along the right side of the basilica. At the stop sign, turn right into McMahon Parking Lot. Walk down the ramp to the Edward J. Pryzbyla Center, a glass, modern building.
We have rented two golf carts and have volunteers to help drive people around campus Tuesday-Friday. We can also pick you up on campus near the metro stop. Just call 385-251-4931 to ask to be picked up by the golf cart.
This link has directions for travel to Catholic University by car, train, or from airports. https://www.catholic.edu/resources/Maps%20and%20Directions/index.html
When you arrive at Catholic University, come to the Edward J. Pryzbyla Conference Center. You can check in for the conference and for a dorm room on campus if you have reserved one.
You may check in anytime the Pryzbyla Center is open: 7 am to 10 pm. The Pryzbyla Center will stay open until midnight on July 31. If you arrive at a time the Pryzbyla Center is not open, you may call 202-319-5200 and someone will come to meet you.
If persons with disabilities are connected to a para-transit program in their home location, they will be able to gain access with MetroAccess, but must contact 202.962.2700, the DC Accessibility Office, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- The nearest major airport is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA / KDCA). This airport has international and domestic flights from Washington, District of Columbia and is 9 miles from the center of The Catholic University of America.
- Another major airport is Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport(BWI / KBWI), which has international and domestic flights from Baltimore, Maryland and is 30 miles from The Catholic University of America.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD / KIAD) has international and domestic flights from Dulles, Virginia and is 32 miles from The Catholic University of America.
How to get to Catholic University of America from the airport by subway, bus, taxi, car, towncar, shuttle or bike.
- The MARC Train (Maryland Rail Commuter), VRE (Virginia Railway Express) and Amtrak trains stop at Union Station, which is also Metrorail (Red Line) and Metrobus accessible using WMATA.
- The Metro (Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority) operates a regional rail and bus system. CUA is located at the Brookland/CUA Station on the Red Line of the metrorail system
Parking at Catholic University
If you are driving and parking on campus, the cost is $8 per day or $37 for the week. If you reserve a campus dorm room, you can purchase parking passes when you make your reservation (and they will be given to you on check in). If you are not staying in the dorms, you may purchase as many day parking passes as you need when you come to the conference check in.
- Public transportation is available for travel to Washington DC by Amtrak or by bus. The train and the Greyhound, Megabus and Bolt buses all arrive at Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002
- From Union Station you can take either the Metro or MARC Train. Catholic University is located at the Brookland/CUA Station on the Red Line of the metrorail system.
- The Metro (Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority) operates a regional rail and bus system.
- VRE (Virginia Railway Express), www.VRE.org
- Commuter Rail
- All of the to DC trains stop at Union Station. From Union Station you can take the Metrorail (Red Line) or Metrobus to Catholic University (CUA). www.wmata.com for more information.